What a great forum...My partner and I are moving to Las Vegas and have decided to make our move a part of our roadtrip this summer. We have approximately 20 days of travel time. We have about a week planned out from MA to Chicago. What we are looking for are some suggestions around the trip from Chicago to Las Vegas. Neither of us has really seen the West so we are really excited to see some of the sights. Here is some info about us so you can offer some suggested routes:
1) Both in our late twenties
2) Plan to camp to save some money but are also willing to stay in a nice hotel from time to time.
3) After gas, we have about $3000 to spend on whatever
4) Driving in a new car so not worried about breakdowns
5) Bought a membership to AAA for the convenience mainly
6) Thinking about getting an electric cooler for the trip (Any recommendations?)
I'm still reading many of the posts and the suggestions for others are very applicable. Thanks in advance for your help!