Hi everybody! I'm new to the forum, so I'll introduce myself: my name's Alberto, I'm 19-yrs-old and I live in Florence, Italy.
Next summer, I'd like to spend some time road tripping in the USA.
I have already decided the places I'd like to see (I'll get in the States by plane, landing to New York airport).
1. Baltimora (where I can sleep by a friend)
2. The mountains and woods of Virginia and Carolinas (the places you see in Horror movies like "Wrong Turn")
3. The South (like Alabama)
4. Texas and New Mexico (the deserts and the open spaces)
5. Colorado (the mountains and the Grand Canyon)
6. Arizona (the deserts)
7. (Death Valley, San Diego, Los Angeles)
9. Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Dakotas, Iowa (opens paces)
I don't have the wish to visit any city, what I look for are the spaces, the realness of America. The cities I listed I don't want to visit them as a tourist, a fast car-tour would be more than enough. I just want to see the beaches in San Diego and L.A., Compton, the ghettos, not Hollywood, Beverly Hills or stuff like that.
I'll sleep in my car and every 3rd or 4th day, I'll rent a cheap motel room, so that I can have a decent sleep and a shower.
I'll buy food in the cheapest places. I'll probably travel with another person.
I'll never stop by in any particular place, I just want to live on the road, I'm not a tourist.
How long will it approssimately take and how much money should I take into account?