• Grant’s Farm - St. Louis, Missouri

The farm is on land that was part of Grant's wife, Julia Dent's family plantation. Today it's owned and operated by the Busch family. You ride a train through the multitude of wildlife and domestic animals living on the farm. There's a small log cabin Grant had built where he and Julia lived for a short time. There's the Busch family's home called "Big House," the Clydesdale Horses in their lavish barn, a carousel, dining, and free beer samples.

If you go:
      Admission to Grant's Farm is free but there is a $15 charge for the parking lot.

Links:

10501 Gravois Road
      St. Louis, Missouri 63123 USA
      info@grantsfarm.com

Phone Numbers:

Farm
      +1 (314) 843-1700

Comments 5 Comments
        Mark Sedenquist -
        I would like to visit the barn with the horses. Sounds like a cool place to visit.

Mark
        Midwest Michael -
        I have not been to Grants Farm, where "Hardscrabble," the home Grant built himself is located, but the Grant National Historic Site is right next to the Farm and is a stop I'd highly recommend.

The National Historic Site is run by the National Parks Service, with "Whitehaven," the home of his father-in-law where Grant met his wife and lived for several years being the featured attraction. There is also a nice museum and ranger lead tours focusing on Grants life prior to the Civil War.
        AZBuck -
        Wonderful, relaxing place for which the word bucolic was invented, and yes, you do get to 'play' with the Budweiser Clydesdales and their new foals.

AZBuck
        Mark Sedenquist -
        Pretty cool photo with the horse!
        Kathleen Walls -
        Quote Originally Posted by AZBuck View Post
        Wonderful, relaxing place for which the word bucolic was invented, and yes, you do get to 'play' with the Budweiser Clydesdales and their new foals.

AZBuck
        I wish I had more time to spend there. It is beautiful and those Clydesdales are gorgeous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael View Post
        I have not been to Grants Farm, where "Hardscrabble," the home Grant built himself is located, but the Grant National Historic Site is right next to the Farm and is a stop I'd highly recommend.

The National Historic Site is run by the National Parks Service, with "Whitehaven," the home of his father-in-law where Grant met his wife and lived for several years being the featured attraction. There is also a nice museum and ranger lead tours focusing on Grants life prior to the Civil War.
        Both are great places to visit with entirely different personalities.

MORE TO EXPLORE