Default First Road Trip I Need Help

I am trying to plan a 8 week trip with 8-10 people 2 cars 1 suv 1 truck starting in Va going south to Florida then West to california and back to Virginia

I want it to be an adventure with attractions including beaches, surfing, hiking, rock climbing, 4x4 off road, sailing, scuba diving, water skiing, bungi jumping, sky diving, white water rafting, fishing, vegas, bars, lots of cheap camping, and hotels. basically Anything exciting.

Any suggestions?????

Are there places willing to sponcer road trips.

Default How exciting!

Welcome to the forum!

I don't usually get to enjoy those types of exciting activities so I don't have any personal knowledge to help you out. I'm sure some of our other road-trippers here might have some ideas for you. You might also try to do a search of the forums using those various activities as the key search phrase.

As for sponsors....most folks who seek sponsorship for such things do presentations to businesses who might see such a roadtrip as a way to advertise their company's products/services. I suggest you identify companies that might like to see their surfboards, hiking equipment, etc., get promoted and present them with your ideas. As far as I know, there is no one place to go to for such sponsorship. If there was, believe me, I'd be first in line!

Default off road adventure

Just wondering how would one go about getting a tour guide for a novice off road adventure. with camping out for 3-5 days

Default Lots of outfitters

Quote Originally Posted by joe24
    Just wondering how would one go about getting a tour guide for a novice off road adventure. with camping out for 3-5 days
    Just about every place where off-highway roads exist, one can find outfitters. I have two personal recommendations for firms that deliver excellent service and experiences. The first is a bit of a tangent -- the owners of Tracks & Trails are accomplished off-highway adventurers themselves and can refer the best of the best to you. In fact, Dan's custom-built unimog RV can be seen on our Off-highway travel page.

Here is the 2006 off-highway schedule for our friends at Explore Historic California.

Hope this starts the process.

mark

Default Depends on where you're going!

Some areas have services that do this. For example, Pink Jeep Tours has been highly recommended by several roadtrippers who frequent these forums. Check out the link for locations. There are other companies who offer similar services.

Where would you like to do this at? With that info, we can all help you better.

Default any suggestions for everglades tour

wow thanks the advice on here has so far been a ton of help. so do you have any suggestions for everglades tours. is there anything exciting in georgia.
    Last edited by joe24; 01-18-2006 at 03:13 PM.

Default Everglades

Quote Originally Posted by joe24
    wow thanks the advice on here has so far been a ton of help. so do you have any suggestions for everglades tours. is there anything exciting in georgia.
    I would go to the Flamingo Lodge in Flamingo, Florida and see if "Capt. Bill" is still doing tours. It has been a few years since I was there - but Capt. Bill is/was a crusty old sea salt making pocket change running tours back into the 'glades. Even if he has retired (again) I am sure the folks at the lodge can hook you up.

Mark