RoadTripper Brad Guest

Default Guides for Nostalgic Roads?

No set plan is in place yet, but I would like to start gathering some information for a potential trip. Are there any resources, such as online or book, that have detailed information on nostalgic highways? Specifically, I need info on drivability certain sections of the former alignment of US 2 over Stevens Pass (Old Cascade Highway), and the origional alignment of US 97 (Old Blewett Highway). I have also seen from the car the origional alignment of I-90 over Snoqualmie, and if anyone has any information on how to access that nostalgic stretch of asphalt?
    I've done some google searches, but not much comes up. I did find someone with a site that showed some pictures of Old Blewett Highway, not much more.

If anyone has any resources, that would be great!
    -Brad

Default Road Geeks

Quote Originally Posted by Cascadia4-brad m
    I have also seen from the car the origional alignment of I-90 over Snoqualmie, and if anyone has any information on how to access that nostalgic stretch of asphalt?
    I've done some google searches, but not much comes up. I did find someone with a site that showed some pictures of Old Blewett Highway, not much more.
    If anyone has any resources, that would be great!
    Happy T-Day Brad, some of the most knowledgable Road Geeks in the business are listed at the bottom of the RTA weather and condtions page. Once you start following those links, I think you will find all of the resources you need for your project.

Have fun!

Mark

RoadTripper Brad Guest

Thanks for the link Mark. Some great information, although not exactly what I was looking for. I'm looking for personal knowlege of anyone whose been up in Washington State and has taken a ride around the Old Cascade Highway, Old Blewett Pass Highway, and the winding road that's visible on the west side of the Snoqualmie Pass Summit on I-90 which I believe is the origional alignment of the highway. Basically I want to know: the drivability of Old Blewett Highway (can I take a passenger car on it), if there is a way to access what appears to be the old road over Snoqualmie. I'm interested in getting some info on these roads before I go to try and drive them. There's lots of info on nostalgic highways in Arizona (www.arizonaroads.com), but not as much on these old alignments of roads that have been re-routed since the 60's or 70's in Washington State and elsewhere. If anyone has any links or books, pass them along.

*Mark- I did find the link to American Road magazine... that looks like something of interest to me, though... I think I might subscribe...
    Last edited by RoadTripper Brad; 11-24-2005 at 11:27 PM.