kanagh Guest

Default Toronto, Ontario, Canada to Miami Flordia

My name is Annie and I'm planning a road trip for me and my friends for our spring break in March of 2007. We plan on driving down from Toronto to Miami, spend a week or so at the beach, and then come home. Are there any particular hot spots that we must visit? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Québec, Montreal, Arizona, California, France

If you are all ladies and don't travel on a budget, I suggest the Sanctuary hotel in Miami. As for nightlife, Club Prive and Opium Garden on Collins avenue used to be THE place to be to meet celebrities and the DJs are really great...I'm not sure if they're still open though. Maze is not a bad place to hang out (well, it used to, not sure about this one either).

If you are on a budget, you can browse SoBe (lots of beautiful people out there), lie on the beach and just work on your tan! South Beach has plenty of great restaurants, clubs, art deco architecture and upscale boutiques if you're into that kind of thing. I highly suggest at least a short trip to the Keys which is a gorgeous area. Try their tasty key lime pie and visit Hemingway's Home. Stay for one night at Jules underwater Hotel in Key Largo. On your way back, you could head to the west coast of Fla, go through the Everglades and take a boat tour through the swamps.

Ontario Canada

Default scenic route

If you want variety to your way down & back, take I-75 one way, and I-77 the other (what many would call the scenic route).