dachicken Guest

Default Los Angeles to CT

Hi
    I am from LA and need to get to school. Is it reasonable to do it in 3 days? LA to Oklahoma City, OKC to Columbus, OH, Columbus to CT.
    Thanks

Default Not without co-drivers

Quote Originally Posted by dachicken
    Hi I am from LA and need to get to school. Is it reasonable to do it in 3 days? LA to Oklahoma City, OKC to Columbus, OH, Columbus to CT.
    Thanks
    A solo driver should not attempt this drive in less than five days. I have done it three times in three, but I had a co-driver and we only stopped for vehicle fuel -- no food stops, no sleep stops, hammer to the metal all the way.

Mark

dachicken Guest

Hi
    Thanks fo rthe quick reply I have a co driver. But you didnt take any sleep brakes and took you three days? I was planning to sleep at OKC and in Ohio. so is this not realistic?

Quote Originally Posted by dachicken
    Hi
    Thanks fo rthe quick reply I have a co driver. But you didnt take any sleep brakes and took you three days? I was planning to sleep at OKC and in Ohio. so is this not realistic?
    No, it's really not realistic in 3 days. You're looking at just over 2900 miles. Most experienced roadtrippers here figure you only average about 53-55mph over the course of most days (even on an interstate) once you figure in varying traffic flow/density, gas stops, etc. 2900miles/53mph=54+ hours of just driving. This doesn't account for food stops and stretch breaks. You will both need these even if you switch off driving. The human body was made to move, not sit for hours this long.

Check out an article about speed runs here for some advice on how to do a long roadtrip quickly yet safely.