tcs5384 Guest

Default Jackson, TN to Las Vegas

I'm planning a road trip to Las Vegas in July for a conference. I was planning to take I-40 to Kingman, AZ, and then US-93 to Las Vegas, but I've heard that there are significant delays on 93. Is this true, and if so, is there a good alternate route to use (since I'm on a rather strict travel schedule, at least on the way out there)?

Default Not for the last 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by tcs5384
    I'm planning a road trip to Las Vegas in July for a conference. I was planning to take I-40 to Kingman, AZ, and then US-93 to Las Vegas, but I've heard that there are significant delays on 93. Is this true, and if so, is there a good alternate route to use (since I'm on a rather strict travel schedule, at least on the way out there)?
    I am not sure the source of those reports... The road was finished in 2003 and except for the check-point for Hoover Dam (I have never waited more than 3 minutes) it is clear sailing. Now the approach over the dam during the summer can be slow -- but hardly worth any of the alternative routes.

Mark

3. Default

I agree with Mark -- I've driven US93 to Las Vegas several times in the past year and have never been delayed more than a few seconds (at the security checkpoint) -- just long enough for them to look in the windows and wave me through. There's no point going another way unless you drive the route all the time and just want a little variety! Traffic slows as you go over the dam because of the pedestrian traffic, but this is not a significant problem. Bob