groovyjenks Guest

Default Please help me plan my honeymoon!!!

Hi everyone! It's been a bit of a dream of mine to start in LA, road trip through Vegas, see the Grand Canyon, Red Rock County etc but I have no idea how to go about all this and what I should/shouldn't see! I really want it to be the experience of a lifetime and not miss anything out. I've got a year to plan it, does anyone have any tips/advice? I have no idea how to start planning something like this! And where on earth can I hire a groovy convertible car?
    Thanks y'all!
    xxx

Default Road trip of a lifetime

The route you've outlined is one of my favorites, and there's no shortage of fantastic things to see and great places to stay. Monument Valley is definitely worth including, and if you have time, Zion and Bryce Canyon in Utah are, too. In Arizona, the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest are wonderful, in addition to Grand Canyon, of course. As for renting a convertible, it's easy here in Las Vegas, but you should be able to do it in Los Angeles, too. How much time will you have?

3. Default What is the time frame?

How long do you have for the honeymoon? DH and I weren't able to take a honeymoon until 10 months after we were married because we both had new jobs. Our "Honeymoon" trip was also a dream of mine and we went to the Grand Canyon and we've been doing traveling road trips to the southwest and all over for the last 32 years!

It will be easier to help you plan if we know how long you have for the trip.

Utahtea

CraigClint Guest

Default Don't for get the rest of Utah

If you have time be sure to see Arches, Canyonlands and Capital Reef (my favorite, but little recognized - 4 wheel drive recommended for much of the park, though).

I've had interesting debates about Zion. Everyone loves it but most figure if you have time for one real canyon (Bryce isn't really a canyon, but is a must-see) that the Grand Canyon is the one, but I've talked to some folks that liked Zion better. One big difference, other than the sheer difference in size, is that you drive through the bottom of Zion, but along the rim of the GC. Both approaches have reasons to recommend them.

Then there are idiots like my son who do both. At the GC he decided to hike to the river and back in one day. He started at daybreak with some sandwiches and a gallon of water. At the bottom, he took off his shoes and dangled his tired feet in the Colorado River, filled his water jug and hiked back up. Took him 16 hours, he was totally exhausted and his feet didn't heal for two weeks. (side note - he was a high school wrestler and in great shape)

The moral, pace yourself or you could end up with a painful honeymoon for all the wrong reasons!