MeZKaL Guest

Default Free wireless around the States?

I'm getting with my laptop for my 3 month road trip thru the States.

I'm looking for information about wireless connection around the country. I would prefer it free but would thank all kind of info.

I've thought that maybe on airports, university campus, etc. But i would prefer to know if there are many cafes or laundrys with that kind of connection.

MeZKaL Guest

Default First search, then ask

I should say myself "RTFM!".

After posting the question I googled a little and I've found some great pages about free wifi spots around the States(and the World):

The Wi-Fi-FreeSpot™ Directory
    Is a listing of Wi-Fi enabled locations that offer Free Wireless High Speed Internet Access (USA State-by-State listings and other regions of the World)

Wi-Fi HotSpot Locator with more than 24000 spots located in the US.

Wireless Librarian

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default Wi-Fi Field Reports

On this site, we try to find the fine line between what is truly possible and what is hype. I use Wi-Fi nearly every time I leave the office, to check on this board and the rest of the RTA site.

A real-world report on the useabilty of Wi-Fi for updating a web site on a roll was filed by Jon Vermilye. You can read his report here

Plus, in the near future, we might be adding a subscription service that will provide real-time information about locations of Wi-Fi for our readers/members.

And there is additional information on our Wireless Connection Page.