St. Petersburg, FL to LA
I am making a cross country trip from FL to LA & want to maximize my time. We are planning on spending two days in the Grand Canyon, but what route & points of interest do you suggest?
Here are a few suggestions :
1)New Orleans LA (from A to Z : food, ambiance, French architecture, people, music, legends, etc.)
2)Houston TX: space center
3)San Antonio TX (The Alamo, walk on the riverfront, parks, spanish architecture, etc.)
4)El Paso TX (Old mission Trail, Juarez MEX)
5)White Sands Nat'l Mon NM (near Alamogordo) and Roswell (UFO Museum)
6)The Mother Road : Route 66 in some part of NM and AZ, (Note: Bob suggests Seligman to Kingman in AZ)
7)Santa Fe, Alburquerque
8)US60 through NM and AZ (Very Large Array near Magdalena, ghost towns)
9) Southeastern Arizona (Ft. Bowie, Tombstone, Tucson, Mission San Xavier Del Bac, Border towns, Saguaro NP, Chiricahua mountains)
10) Phoenix, Tucson, Sedona, Jerome, Prescott AZ
11) Red Rock Park, Oak Creek Canyon, Apache Trail, AZ
12) Petrified Forest NP, Canyon De Chelly, AZ
13) Grand Canyon North Rim AZ, Bryce Canyon, Red Rock Canyon, Zion UT
I haven't been to all these places but many people told me about them. I'm sure you'll have plenty of suggestions from other people too. Our moderator Bob is the Arizona specialist, you can reach him at : email@example.com if you need any specific information I'm sure he'll be glad to help you!
Have a nice trip!