kpratt Guest

Hi. I am moving to the 4 corners area from Seattle, in January, in a mid size car, pulling a mid size trailer. Is driving diagonally down I-84 to I-15 to I-70, a fairly feasable route this time of year, or would it be better to head down to Southern California and then over and up to Colorado? Thanks

2. Default Good route

That's exactly the route I'd plan to use (your 1st choice). There is the potential for localized winter driving conditions, but check out our weather and traffic link before you go and get the latest information. If it's bad, then deviate if you have to -- but chances are excellent the route will be clear. Good luck!

By the way, what a GREAT area to be moving to! Are you going to Farmington? Cortez? What will you be doing there (if you don't mind my asking)?

kpratt Guest

Thank you so much for your help. I started having dreams over 2 and a half years ago that it was time to come to Colorado. I'd been wanting to move and perhaps I thought, this is the answer. The dreams persisted in spite of my doubts, going so far as to showing me on a map, the area around Durango. So after studing the area, and feeling good about the idea, I made the decision to move. I'm not sure what I'll be doing. Right now, I have several older clients that I clean house for. I don't see it as a life long profession, although I do greatly enjoy working with people,-young or older. Thanks again for your advice, Kim