Myself and my girlfriend are planning for 8-10 days trip to San Francico and Las Vegas area. This will be our first trip. Here is our plan-
- Reach SFO airport and get a rented car
- Drive to local area/probably down town San Francico to get the idea
- In the evening take 101 to reach Monterey area
- Stay in Monterey area for next two days and visit aquarium, Big sur, Carmel. Please suggest what are the main attraction
- Third day leave early morning and take senic Route 1 South
- In the Night, start to Las Vegas. We will be spending night either on driving or taking rest on some rest area. PLEASE ADVICE ANY SAFE REST AREA WHERE WE TAKE 4/5 HOURS REST WITHIN IN THE CAR. HOW SAFE ARE REST AREA DURING THE NIGHT? ANY SUGGESTATION? I'm planning to stop on I-15
- Spend next 3/4 days in Las Vegas and also see Grand Canyon
- Leave from Vegas to San Francico.. WE WILL AGAIN SPENDING NIGHT on ROAD. WHERE WE SHOULD TAKE REST FOR FEW HOURS?
- Spend next 2 days in San Francico. What are the major attraction?
We will be leaving from Texas. Thanks in advance for any valuable help.