Barbara Guest

Default San Antonio -Orlando

Hi! we are planning a summer trip from San Antonio to Orlando, if anyone can help me with ideas or suggestions on where to stop, what to see etc...I would greatly appreciate it! also if anyone can suggest a nice beach area near Orlando where we can take the kids also.

imported_Allison Guest

Default beaches

I'm not the expert on beaches...since I rarely go. But since I live in o-town i can give some advice. The closest beach in orlando is Cocoa Beach. Roughly depending on where you are located in Orlando about 1 hour to 1.3 hours away. (1.3 if you're by the disney area). A lot of people think it's overrated, but it's a beach. They're pretty much all the same on the east coast. If you're looking for more of a hot spot, you can drive to Daytona. The best beaches are on the west coast. White sand and great sea shells. I would recommend doing a day trip to the Tampa, St Petersburg area. Which is about 2 hours away normally, but because of the heavy construction on I-4, allow an extra half an hour. Another recommended location on the west coast is Clearwater. Bunch of businesses have it set up so you can swim with dolphins :)

imported_Allison Guest

Default beaches

I'm not the expert on beaches...since I rarely go. But since I live in o-town, i'll give some advice. The closest beach in orlando is Cocoa Beach. Roughly depending on where you are located in Orlando about 1 hour to 1.3 hours away. (1.3 if you're by the disney area). A lot of people think it's overrated, but it's a beach. They're pretty much all the same on the east coast. If you're looking for more of a hot spot, you can drive to Daytona. The best beaches are on the west coast. White sand and great sea shells. I would recommend doing a day trip to the Tampa, St Petersburg area. Which is about 2 hours away normally, but because of the heavy construction on I-4, allow an extra half an hour. Another recommended location on the west coast is Clearwater. Bunch of businesses have it set up so you can swim with dolphins :)