Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New book

I just bought a new book called "James Dean Died Here" Kind of a morbid title, but a very interesting book giving the locations of many pop culture settings in North America. Everything from where the OJ murders occured, to where Hotel California is, and of course, the spot where James Dean died. I probably would never have given it a second look, except for the fact that I have actually gone to the spot where James dean got in a car accident, and this was before I knew anything about it. Just happened to be passing it and saw the memorial.

Default Tom Mix

We have a place like that here in AZ also -- wonder if it is in your book? Tom Mix got killed south of Florence, AZ and there has been a memorial there since that time. It gets stolen occasionally. The spot is on what used to be US89, but maybe now is a state route -- it is the highway called the Pinal Parkway, between Florence and Oracle.

Default Tom Mix

Yup, I just looked it up, that spot is in the book, along with the OK corral. I forgot to mention that it doesn't just cover recent landmarks, but also goes back to the spot where Colombus first set foot on America, to the Hindenburg Crash site, all the way up to where Tupac Shakur was killed.

Default Another roadtrip resource

Another book that you might find interesting (a similar culture of interest) is "Tombstone Tourist". <a href = "http://www.roadtripamerica.com/read/Tombstone-Tourist.htm">Click here</a> for our review of this fascinating book.

Mark

Default Great Review

Mark,
    Just read your review of the book, it almost makes me want to go out and buy it again. I think you should put your review on Amazon. I still want to get that book about extreme weather that you reviewed a short while ago, that's another one of my strange obsessions.

Default Extreme Cells

Whenever I get the chance I chase super-T-Cells. Despite three very close calls with such manifestations, I find wild weather both compelling and exciting. I think you would find that book kind of fun.

Mark

Andreas Guest

Default Does your book cover Hispanola too?

&gt; Yup, I just looked it up, that spot is in the <BR>
    &gt; book, along with the OK corral. I forgot to <BR>
    &gt; mention that it doesn't just cover recent <BR>
    &gt; landmarks, but also goes back to the spot where <BR>
    &gt; Colombus first set foot on America, to the <BR>
    &gt; Hindenburg Crash site, all the way up to where <BR>
    &gt; Tupac Shakur was killed. <BR>
    <BR>
    Um, Colombus never set foot on America. He mucked about in the Caribian for a while and then returned to Spain.

Default Actually...

"America" is a general term that we use to cover North America, South America, Central America, and all those little (and big) islands just off our coast -- including the one Columbus stopped at first. I understand that some people use the term interchangeably with United States of America, but when we Americans say that Columbus discovered "America," we are referring to the larger group.

Andreas Guest

Default got it

Right you are, my mistake. Sorry about that.

Québec, Montreal, Arizona, California, France

Default Bad girl

Hi,
    for you female roadtrippers, try the Bad Girl's Guide for the Open Road, it's light, funny and (sometimes) helpful. It gives tips on how to avoid speeding tickets (e.g. pretend your bf will be mad at you and beat you up, you are in a critical period and desperatly need to go to the bathroom, cry, and many more), how to cook stuff on your motor, how to make a weapon out of a spray net can, and other silly stuff like that. Most of it is just for fun, but some tips are to be tried!

Enjoy!:-)
    Gen