Tim Rush Guest

Default Historic route 66

Going on a two week road trip in July 2004.Driving from Virginia to the Grand Canyon.Hiking into the canyon for three days and then moving on to Sedona,AZ for three days.
    From there we will be driving home on old rt 66. Anybody have it good tips on what to look for and where to stay?.We will have 7 days to travel through AZ,TX,NM,and OK.

Thanks, Tim....

You really need a good guide book to Route 66. I would suggest doing a web search to find the Route 66 Foundation. There are several...some specific to each state and some for the entire route.

Default 2003 -- Historical Fact Finding Trip

There is a superb Route 66 web site. Earlier this year the Rte 66 Caravan traveled the entire route route from the Santa Monica Pier in California to the Navy Pier in Chicago, Illinois. They also posted images and articles from the various stops along the way. This <a href= "http://www.cart66pf.org/66caravan/schedule.htm">page</a> is that site's schedule index and is a good place to start your query. Plus, RTA maintains a <a href = "http://www.roadtripamerica.com/links/route66.htm">Rte 66 resource page</a>.

Default sedona-new mexico

We were just their this summer-drove with kids from tx to calif. stayed in sedona it is beautiful but their is alot more to see and do in new mexico-but then that is my opinion since I love new mexico-we were staying in
    Santa Fe-gorgeous

Default new mexico

If you like Sedona you will love New Mexico-We just drove from Texas to California this summer in 2 weeks-it was wonderful-Lots to see and do in New Mexico,lots I would write their visitors center and get the parks and places to hike information. We stayed in Santa Fe for 3 days and it was not near enough time- it is a gorgeous place-do not waste your time hiking up canyon road to see the art you will have more fun hiking in the parks-we did both and nature was more rewarding-A must is Bandelier National Park in Los Alamos,NM. You can hike back and see part of where they lived and the part of their living quarters they stayed in in cold weather-where they dug cave like rooms out of the cliffs- you can actually go in them, and see drawings they made on the wall -

Default new mexico

If you like Sedona you will love New Mexico-We just drove from Texas to California this summer in 2 weeks-it was wonderful-Lots to see and do in New Mexico,lots I would write their visitors center and get the parks and places to hike information. We stayed in Santa Fe for 3 days and it was not near enough time- it is a gorgeous place-do not waste your time hiking up canyon road to see the art you will have more fun hiking in the parks-we did both and nature was more rewarding-A must is Bandelier National Park in Los Alamos,NM. You can hike back and see part of where these ancient indians lived and the part of their living quarters they stayed in in cold weather-where they dug cave like rooms out of the cliffs- you can actually go in them, and see drawings they made on the wall -pretty interesting if you like that sort of thing.