Thread: KOA Question

imported_Stephanie Guest

Default Safety of KOA Campgrouds

I am a 24 year old female about to enbark on a cross country adventure across the US by myself. Although I have friends to stay with in some states I will still need to find a place in certain states. I have heard about the KOA campgrounds and they seem like a great place to stay for a cheap price. However, since I am travelling alone my main concern is safety. I wanted to see if you guys knew about the safety of the KOA campgrounds. Also, would you think I would be better off sleeping in a tent at KOA or just sleeping in my car?

Any information you can help me with would be appreciated!

Warmest Regards,

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default Safety is relative

KOA is just one company providing campgrounds around the USA, there are literally thousands of campgrounds available -- some managed by various governmental units and some private. Generally, we would chacterize all as being "safe" -- one has to excercise reasonable care. As far as tent sleeping vs car sleeping -- I am unaware of any private campground that will tolerate sleeping in car (unless -- it is a RV). Just about every campground (private or public) has tenting areas. KOA's are not generally "cheap". State and Regional parks are far les expensive.