Pat Freeman Guest

Default connecting

I would like to connect without wires to a newspaper syndicate, weekly, and to a magazine where I regularly am published on a monthly basis.

If I can find a regular phone with an open connecting wire I have not had any trouble, connecting through email or the Bitware program. Often I cannot find an open connection, and wireless seems the best solution. I will be on the road in a trailer for AT LEAST THE NEXT SEVERAL MONTHS AND I NEED A SOLUTION.

Pat Freeman

Default A return to the RTA roots!

Road Greetings Pat,

>I would like to connect without wires to a newspaper syndicate, weekly,
    and to a magazine where I regularly am published on a monthly basis.

Your query is the exact matching cause of how the RW arrived at this juncture of time and space. Megan Edwards, (RTA co-creator & Editor) was a weekly columist for a Los Angeles newspaper in 1994 and our holy grail to this point has been the quest of finding ways to file articles and stories from the road.

>If I can find a regular phone with an open connecting wire I have not
    had any trouble, connecting through email or the Bitware program. Often
    I cannot find an open connection, and wireless seems the best solution.

What wireless phone are you now using? I have just returned from the annual cellular industry show and I may have some new ideas. I will be posting some new(er) solutions in 2-3 days. In the meantime, let me know what kinds of PC and wireless equipment you are planning to use.

>I will be on the road in a trailer for AT LEAST THE NEXT SEVERAL MONTHS
    AND I NEED A SOLUTION.

No problem, (well, a few problems), where will you be working and traveling?

RW

Chris Dougherty Guest

Default Wireless Cxn for Internet

I'm sure Mark will have a better idea of new technology which would help make this easier (Please let me know when you're done, Mark!) However, I use a Nokia 6120, with a 3Com Cellular/Fax modem. The phone is digital, but automatically switches to analog for data. The cable for connecting the phone to the modem was $100 itself, though. The max. speed is 9600 baud, which is deadly slow, and uses up alot of time.BTW, I'm a full time RV'er, but I have a regular land line phone at a seasonal site, and have internet access at work. So, unless I'm traveling, I stick to those, and when I'm travelling, I've had no problem finding connections (i.e. Flying J Travel Plazas, campgrounds, etc.) I hope this is helpful to you.