Hello everyone,
First I'd like to mentioned am new to this form and the reason i sign up is i'm tired from the coast of living here is LA specially housing.
First let me give a small hint about my family, we're 4 (me 38yr, my wife 33yr, 7yr boy, 3yr boy), we moved and stabled in USA by 2011 we did not move out los Angeles from then.
I have a stable job here in LA, the weather is way nicer than most of the states, we lives in a nice 2br apartment which is small and choking for me.

Now here we go, from day one i noticed and realized than it's hard to find the house or place to lives and spend our days with kids safely with good schools without a huge cost specially in Southern California Wich is out of my budget.
Start looking for townhomes in a decent areas but what's different, still will feel tight and small.
I'd like to do hand stuff, fix, repair, like to have tools and equipments (unfortunately have no space here)
Some advise me to try Texas, Florida, New Jersey, Mississippi, Arizona, .
I had offers in Florida, and couple months ago in a small city in North Carolina (150 miles from Raleigh airport) by almost same salary i make here. I hesitate and almost reject this offer.
I had alot of time reading about cities data, schools, checking Zillow for houses.
Spacious houses, good school rates, calm cities. Am a calm person and like it calm, outgoings, parks, camping, beaches, on the opposite my wife doesn't (malls, cafes, parties, hotels, ...)
We had a very rough conversation at the time i had the NC offer cause she do not like to leave LA with cool weather and convenient life style and friends (which doesn't make any bonus to me) lead me to not accept the offer at that time.

But, did i make a mistake??

Now i still receiving offers in North Carolina likely (is it a sign 😁?)
So, what's your advice? Specially ppl who went through this b4.