1. Default Las Vegas area 8 days trip ending in LA for Thanks Giving holiday

Hello all,
    I am landing in Las Vegas on Saturday 18th afternoon and departing on 26th from LA.

We are a family of 4 , including one teenager and plan to rent a car and cover Grand Canyon and Hover Dam and our preference would be to see as much as we could, sight seeings etc would be priority.

We are not much interested in gambling.

We wish to cover as much as we can. Any and all suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards
    Kaul

Default A Great National Parks Loop

For a week's RoadTrip out of Las Vegas, the clear choice would be to do a clockwise loop starting by going north out of Las Vegas to/through Zion National Park (NP), continuing on to Bryce Canyon NP, taking scenic UT-12/UT-24 through Capitol Reef National Park. Next use I-70 east to US-191 south to visit Arches NP and continuing south on US-191 to US-160 and Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park. Take a few days (if possible) in the Flagstaff area to see not only Grand Canyon NP but also three great National Monuments: Walnut Canyon, Sunset Crater and Wupatki. That's already nine amazing venues, so you may have to pick and choose among them, but that's clearly what seems best for you given your stated goals. And sign your children up for the age-appropriate Junior Ranger Program at each national park or monument you visit.

AZBuck

3. Default

Even though you aren't interested in gambling I feel you should take advanage of being in Vegas and take in a show or two. Your teenager will appreciate it, if not now later in life. Enjoy the landscape and visiting Hoover Dam. Sounds like a great time.

continuing south on US-191 to US-160 and Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park.
    US-163 goes through Monument Valley - you pick up US-160 in Kayenta to US-89 toward Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sdburris View Post
    Even though you aren't interested in gambling I feel you should take advanage of being in Vegas and take in a show or two. Your teenager will appreciate it, if not now later in life. Enjoy the landscape and visiting Hoover Dam. Sounds like a great time.
    Thanks,
    I am keeping Saturday for this .