Default Summer 2018 Camping trip to NE - Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, Boston, New Hampshire

Hello!

Well, nearly 6 years since our last big trip (Which many of you helped plan), it is time once again for our next big family trip during my extended vacation next summer.

While not as long as our 2012 trip that took us 5 weeks, 8500 miles and 18 states - the kids will be 18 and 20, and so hopefully gainfully employed during summer break. So, looking at a 2 1/2 week trip, or so. My wife and I have more flexibilty on the length of the trip - we can easily put them onine to head home if they cant get as much time off.

Towing: 30' TT with our Yukon Denali.

DEPART: Fenton MI
    Travel through Canada,
    -Niagra Falls for a full day, one or two nights
    through NY, overnight somewhere
    -Burlington VT for a few days /nights
    overnight on the way towards Bar harbor Maine
    Bar Harbor for a few days/nights
    then to:
    Rhode Island, for a few days/nights, including a few days where the camper is left while we hotel it downtown Boston (i know..)
    then back through NY (or PA)
    Fenton MI :(

Love to gather your thoughts while I go use the search button for this forum!
    Thank You in advance!

Default An Oldie But Goodie

I used to live in New England, and have already gone through long and detailed developments of New England RoadTrips, so for starters let me just direct your to one such thread which also contains a number of links to other New England RoadTrip discussions and specific sites.

AZBuck

I'm assuming that you have passports (and the kiddos, too) to get across the border into/return from Canada? Also that you have (or will procure) the proper paperwork from your insurance company to take your rigs into Canada?

So much in Boston to see and do....but I can't really blame you for parking your rig, staying in a motel and using public transportation to get places.

Donna

Thank you AZbuck!

We do have passports Donna, thank you! Especially living so close to Canada for trips to Toronto or family vacations out of the country, they have been well used.

I will for sure confirm our coverage in Canada, good point! As for Boston, parking the truck/camper and NOT driving in Boston seems like a better decision. LOL. driving there is not the easiest.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaR57 View Post
    I'm assuming that you have passports (and the kiddos, too) to get across the border into/return from Canada? Also that you have (or will procure) the proper paperwork from your insurance company to take your rigs into Canada?

So much in Boston to see and do....but I can't really blame you for parking your rig, staying in a motel and using public transportation to get places.

Donna