Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Actualy , i just saw that there is a ferry from Muskegon Michigan to Milwaukee ! some extra fees for sure ans its pretty much the same time as on land but i can rest a bit in that time and wont pay no gas and i know that only in chicago last time i paid more then 35 40 $ for the tolls , i just need to find how much the tolls are really on land and how much gas i would spend if its lets say 20-30 $ more for the ferry ill go with the ferry for the quality time on the boat and the experience ! And yeah , glc i dont want to pass in ontario to thunder bay the gas coast too much in here its stupid ...

If you don't need to go to Chicago, Milwaukee, or Minneapolis, just stay on I-80 as I suggested. Tolls that way are $1.10, only one toll booth where I-80 and I-294 split.

The ferry is over $100.

The Lake Express Ferry costs more than $200 for a one way trip. ($101 for the car + $91 per person + taxes)

Tolls to drive through Chicago are about $13 (cash on I-80 to I-294 to I-90, half that with an I-Pass/EZ-Pass).

I have no idea how you paid more than $35 in tolls last time you were in Chicago, but the Ferry is a much more expensive option.

4. Default

yeahhhh i just saw that ferry is around 200$ its a lil too much , and i was going to milwaukee/minneapolis just to see the city nothing really brings me there accept the fact that i would have ''been there''

5. Default

damn ! Midwest Michael i got no clue ... i know 1 tolls cost me like 10$ alone .... Florida tolls cost me more but yeah i remember that i was impressed with the kind of money i was giving only for the tolls ... !!

The most expensive single toll in Illinois is the Chicago Skyway, and that's only $5 (and completely avoidable.)

Take I-80 to I-294 to I-94 to get to Milwaukee. That keeps you out of downtown Chicago. Tolls going this way are $9.20 cash. I suggest you try to avoid morning and evening rush hours, it's not bad in the middle of the day but you may encounter slight delays at the cash toll plazas.

8. Default

10k miles in 4 weeks is possible. You could also fly it in 4 weeks and it would probably be more enjoyable. If you want the challenge, then go for it, if you want to enjoy it...take 8 weeks :)

Default Welcome.

Hi EternalOptimist and welcome to RTA !

If you want the challenge, then go for it, if you want to enjoy it...take 8 weeks :)
    Well put. The other option being less miles.

You could also fly it in 4 weeks and it would probably be more enjoyable.
    Doesn't really work as a ROAD TRIP and as a 'road tripper', I can't see how it could possibly be more enjoyable. ;-)

Enjoy the forums and Thanks for your input.

Dave.