1. Default Roading Suggestions FL to OH

Hey everyone!

My girflriend and I are planning on heading up to Ohio to visit family the week of Thanksgiving. But, we are going to make a road trip out of it before we hit Ohio. We'll be leaving from Florida on a Thursday afternoon and won't need to be at Ohio until Tuesday evening. Roughly 4 1/2 days to visit some wonders of good ole USA.

I've attached an image and the link showing the route. I would LOVE it if people could offer places that would be fun to visit, interact with, things to do there, etc. based on the route. Open to taking detours as well!

So far, we were thinking of spending time in Helen, GA / Nashville, TN / Louisville, KY and finding things to do and attractions to see.

Thank you all in advance for the help and suggestions!

Link to actual route to see specifically :
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Larg...1755!3e0?hl=en

road trip 2017.jpg

Default Too Much - Part Two

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

One of the biggest mistakes people who are relatively new to doing RoadTrips make is to try to do too much. As with another inquiry I responded to earlier today, that seems to be the case with your plan. At a minimum, you're going to need nearly three full days just to do the driving for this trip, and even that is only if you do all the driving on relatively boring Interstates. That leaves you about seven hours to spend in each of the three cities you'd be 'visiting'. Now consider how much of that seven hours would be spent just driving into, around, and back out of those cities and you're left with practically nothing.

My best suggestion to you would be to use your time more fruitfully by taking somewhat slower back roads, but ones that follow a more-or-less straight line from Largo to Columbus (such as US-25/US-221/US-19(E)/US-23 and connecting roads), and enjoy some of the many state and national parks and forests. Once you've worked out a less time consuming route that suits your desires for the trip, we can offer specific suggestions for short stops along that route. But as it stands, you probably wouldn't have time for anything we might suggest.

AZBuck