Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ron X View Post
    I will be coming from Australia and will be hiring a car should I hire a electronic toll pass for $3.50 per day plus tolls or just use quarters to pay when needed?
    Electronic Tolls are a huge money maker for rental car companies. As you already noted, using the pass just once will automatically add $3.50 a day to your rental fee, even if you only use it for one day of your trip.

If at all possible, just pay cash as you go.

Thank you just saved $35 for jam.

Where are you picking up the car, and where are you returning it?

Pick up DC drop off New Orleans. I have eleven days in total with hire car and one day in Gettysburg. After I drop off the car in New Orleans I have another two days.
    Last edited by Ron X; 11-05-2017 at 05:01 AM.

You shouldn't have to take any toll roads at all unless you take the Causeway into New Orleans. Pay cash there, a northeast EZ-Pass doesn't work there anyway.

6. Default

May I ask what you want to see in Memphis? I'm not sure I'd spend two nights there.
    We went to do Graceland, stayed in an Airbnb in a pretty average suburb and within a few hours of us being there had already heard three different shootings on the news. We absolutely loved Graceland but as for Memphis itself, well it left a lot to desire.

We didn't use a toll pass for our road trip and we never saw one - in saying that we drove from Nashville to LA so I don't know if there are tolls around NYC and DC which I assume there is.

Thanks for the info about tolls. Drive in one night and see Graceland the next day and Memphis at night and leave the following morning. About 36 hours in total. Is there somewhere else close by Memphis I would be better off staying. I don’t mind paying extra to be in a better area.
    Thanks again

I will driving the Blue Ridge Parkway starting on 8th on April for three days. Will I need to pre book accomodation.
    Thank you.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ron X View Post
    Thanks for the info about tolls. Drive in one night and see Graceland the next day and Memphis at night and leave the following morning. About 36 hours in total. Is there somewhere else close by Memphis I would be better off staying. I don’t mind paying extra to be in a better area.
    Thanks again
    Not sure what tickets you're getting but be warned they push people through the house pretty quick. You can wander around the grounds and museum more at your own leisure but I was pretty disappointed by how rushed the house part seems to be.

Can't recommend anywhere close by, we arrived at our airbnb late arvo and didn't venture much after a day of driving. We had a terrible experience with that airbnb too so I wouldn't recommend them (the only one we had an issue for the whole trip) After we finished at Graceland the next day we headed towards Little Rock.