Default Road Trip San Diego - Los Angeles.

So I'm Bart from Belgium and I'm all crazy about California! We're trying to visit at least once a year and we always discover new stuff. I'm a photographer but since this year I decided to dedicate more time to film some footage. So I've bought a Gopro Hero 5 and I started recording in 4K! :) And what is a better trip report then a Video Report?

Julian, Borrego Springs, Salton Sea (Beach), Joshua Tree, Johnson Valley,..

More videos are currently being edited.

Default Itchy feet.

Hi Jumbo0, and welcome to the great American Roadtrip Forum.

Thanks fort posting. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Those are the roads on which I like to travel. Can't wait for my next (and 9th) trip. I too find more and more wherever I go, even when visiting sites I have been to before. There are amany great and beautiful States with sites one does not see anywhere else on earth. It is a great country for roadtripping.

Looking forward to the other videos.

Lifey

Thanks!

What is your most favorite state until now?
    I see that you're from Australia, well there is certainly some nice offroading to do as well! I've been there once, but I'd like to go back to travel trough with an AWD. Altough I'm a little scared for the reptiles there to be honest.

I hate to put a damper on your enthusiasm, but you need to read your rental car contract. It's very likely you are not permitted to drive the car offroad or on unpaved roads! All rental cars from the major companies have GPS locators, they know where you have been.

Default Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Quote Originally Posted by jumbo0 View Post
    What is your most favorite state until now? .

For different reasons, I love UT, WY, CO and PA, but then there is so much to see in FL as well - without ever going near the theme parks. Love the wide open spaces of MT. Have seen much in many other States as well, particularly AK. There's hardly a place I have been, to which I would not want to return.

Altough I'm a little scared for the reptiles there to be honest.
    Believe me mate, they are no where near as dangerous as the guns with which you have to contend in the US. Just obey the warning signs, and don't - as far too many tourists do - go swimming where there are crocodile warnings. When we as a family of 7, saw any venomous snakes on our hikes, we just waited until it was gone, explaining to the children that it has their territory, and we were the intruders. It's not as if they'll come after you, as bears do. Same with venomous spiders.

Lifey

Quote Originally Posted by Lifemagician View Post
    For different reasons, I love UT, WY, CO and PA, but then there is so much to see in FL as well - without ever going near the theme parks. Love the wide open spaces of MT. Have seen much in many other States as well, particularly AK. There's hardly a place I have been, to which I would not want to return.
    Wow, sounds like you like many parts of the US! But I follow that opinion, it's just a wonderful coutnry to visit and get lost in :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lifemagician View Post
    Believe me mate, they are no where near as dangerous as the guns with which you have to contend in the US. Just obey the warning signs, and don't - as far too many tourists do - go swimming where there are crocodile warnings. When we as a family of 7, saw any venomous snakes on our hikes, we just waited until it was gone, explaining to the children that it has their territory, and we were the intruders. It's not as if they'll come after you, as bears do. Same with venomous spiders.
    Lifey
    It's true, as long as you respect the nature you should be fine. Still I'm afrait thay we might notice the spider or snake too late and it will strike, and such stuff.. But it won't stop us from coming to Australia, but it will maybe slow the plans down..