1. Default Feedback on our roadtrip for summer 2018

Hi,

At the moment we are planning our RV roadtrip for summer 2018. We would like to receive some feedback on our planning because none of us has ever done a roadtrip in the USA before.

Thanks!

Default Nice trip planned.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

I presume you have done your homework regarding the RV rental and it's associated costs including a most likely expensive one way drop off fee. The National park campgrounds will need booking as soon as the booking windows open as RV spaces are very popular and limited in number, Info can be found on each park at their website at nps.gov. You have about the minimum you will need to enjoy each of the National parks but your trip looks in good shape. From Bryce I would consider heading through Vernal on 191 and overnight around Flaming Gorge Res and on to Yellowstone via Rock Springs and Jackson through Grand Teton NP. It'll take a bit longer but will keep you off Interstate and be more scenic.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Southwest Dave View Post
    Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

I presume you have done your homework regarding the RV rental and it's associated costs including a most likely expensive one way drop off fee. The National park campgrounds will need booking as soon as the booking windows open as RV spaces are very popular and limited in number, Info can be found on each park at their website at nps.gov. You have about the minimum you will need to enjoy each of the National parks but your trip looks in good shape. From Bryce I would consider heading through Vernal on 191 and overnight around Flaming Gorge Res and on to Yellowstone via Rock Springs and Jackson through Grand Teton NP. It'll take a bit longer but will keep you off Interstate and be more scenic.
    Thanks for your answer! Indeed, we did our homework and contacted the RV rental already about the price, etc. I'll also take a look at your suggestion for the route to Yellowstone, your suggestions seems to me a lot more interesting than ours!

4. Default

There are some great California State campgrounds along the Pacific Coast Highway. Like the National Park campsites, these book up far in advance, so get reservations! Even the private campgrounds fill up, but at around $100 per night, you can see why the cheaper State Campgrounds are so popular.