Thread: pasq

1. Default pasq

Looking to go from la to e/coast. Im from sydney australia. 55yrs of age male and ready to go. Anybody out there. Pasq

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

If you want others to be able to help, you're going to have to give a lot more information. First of all, what kind of help are you looking for (information, a ride, something else?).

It would also be good to know what things you're interested in, and of course where on the "east coast" you're targeting.

3. Default roadtrip from la to anywhere on e/coast. not fussed. does that help

Dosent matter to m im not fussed. Do you have something happening?looking for a share, thats what thought this site is about. And what moreinformation do you by more info. Psi dont need for anything i can afford to go by myself. Just wanted to share the drive. I feel it could a tad more interesting when you share. Hope that helps midwest, because right now mate im scratching my head. Thanx
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 09-22-2016 at 06:33 PM. Reason: removed quote of entire previous post

Since it appears you're most interested in finding someone to travel with, I've moved your post to the "share the gas" section, which is the part of the forum that's about finding other people to travel with.

I still think you'll be a lot more likely to find other people if you share more about what you hope to do, where you hope to go, when you plan to do it, and what you want to get out of your trip, but that's completely up to you at this point.

I agree with Michael.... you need to be a bit more specific as to when and for how long this trip will be. It is often thought that a trip like this would be more interesting sharing with another, but frankly from the few times I have given rides to folk, most I regretted hours into the trip.

Do you really want to be stuck in a vehicle with a total stranger for days on end? It takes a minimum of 6 full days to drive coast to coast. More if you actually want to stop and see something.

If you are really set on having a travelling companion, may I suggest you try some of the local websites and see if there is someone planni9ng a similar trip. Someone whom you could have a chance to get to know before departure. Someone with whom you could discuss an itinerary. I'd start by putting up a notice in each of the hostels in Sydney and surrounds. These days hostels are no longer 'youth' hostels, you'll find folk of all ages at most hostels. Those notices are read by folk who like to travel, and usually prefer to do so on a budget. Meanwhile, I highly suggest that you look at this page.

I would also suggest that you at least have a good idea of an itinerary you'd like to follow, so you have a starting point for a discussion. To help you with that I highly recommend that you get hold of some good detailed maps of the USA. If these are not available locally, I suggest you purchase a Rand McNally road atlas (there is none better) from the RTA store via the link at the bottom of this page. If you order it now, you will have it in a couple of weeks.

On the other hand, I have now travelled some 200000 miles as a solo roadtripper in North America, not only solo, but all of them as a senior citizen. There is a lot to be said for travelling solo. It is much easier to meet others along the way, as folk do not feel they are interrupting when you are on your own.

Good Luck.

Lifey

6. Default

Ok now, i will try and be a bit crystal. Its my first time to usa. I would be interested in a drive on route66. However it's not compulsory. Obviously I like to travel and looking to share the drive and see some of the sites along the way. Thanx to those who have been helping. In my mid fifties, travelled some of this planet, ex captain seven years nine tour's eleven countries. Not fussed about where the trip takes me. Looking at the company side of trip. I have a decent sense of humour apparently. If this helps feel free to get in touch. I will able to travel this week anytime and I'm available until the14 October2016. Thanx again to the kind people who have been helping or steering me in the right direction and sorry for any headaches that might have created for I'm a newbie at this sort of thing. Thanx again to one and all for help

Moderator Note: Leaving personal information, like your phone number, on an internet forum is a very bad idea. It's much smarter to exchange such information by using the personal messaging option of the forum.
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 09-23-2016 at 11:14 AM.

Default To clarify....

At present I am on my eighth trip in the US, and will not be home for another month yet.

There are not too many folk I know who would spend all that money on an air fare for just one week in the US. Especially not at such short notice. Most would want to get at least their money's worth out of such a trip.

Lifey