1. Default road trip plan help needed

I plan to spend 7 days to do a road trip from San Francisco to San Diego. The stops I would like to make are Yosemite, Sequoia Park and Death.

Help for planning the trip including hotels, scenic site visits, driving route will be much appreciated.

Tucson, AZ

Default That All Depends

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America forums!

You don't say exactly when you plan to make this trip, although you have posted in the 'Summer RoadTrip' section, and you don't say if you have any budgetary constraints or if anyone will be joining you on this trip. All of that is critical information, required to give you the best possible advice. I will note that you'll need roughly three to ] three and a half days just to do the driving required by this trip, so you'll really only have a day each to see the three parks on your wish list. That can work in your favor if you plan on staying overnight somewhere in between each stop. Then you could visit a park until dark, drive a couple of hours to a stop away from the high cost accommodations near the park and then continue to the next stop in the morning. For example Fresno could be reached in a few hours from Yosemite and put you within a couple of hours of Sequoia National Park, and Ridgecrest could serve a similar function between Sequoia and Death Valley. Between Death Valley and Sand Diego, it would also be possible to drive through one or both of Mojave National Preserve and Joshua Tree National Park but of course such a routing would take a fair bit longer than the more direct Interstate route. If such a scenic, though slow, routing appeals to you let us know, along with specific dates if possible, and any other constraints or desires you may have.

Melbourne, Australia

Default You need to tell us a lot more.

Hi, and Welcome to the Great American Roadtrip Forum.

There is not a great deal to tell you, as we know very little about you, your style of travel and your budget.

Each roadtrip is unique, designed to the traveller(s) interests, likes and dislikes. There is simply no such thing as being able to tell you hotels, routes or sites to visit, as we do not know what you regard as scenic.

[E.g. one person's style might be to travel on the local roads in an area, through all the small towns, and keep away from the interstates. You might prefer to get there by the quickest route. You might want to stay in a 4 star hotel, whereas another may prefer the cheapest available.]

So you see, with the little knowledge we have about you (and any possible travelling companions) it is impossible to answer your questions. What you are asking for is typically what a travel agent would provide.