1. Default Montreal to Orlando in October

Hello, I am totally new to this and not sure if this is where I should be sending my questions. I would like to have some driving advice. We are planning on leaving Montreal on Friday Oct 21,2016. We have 4 children in the car. What time would you suggest to leave at to avoid traffic in certain areas? What route would you recommend and friendly kid places to stop at along the way. I would like to get there no later than Monday October 24, 2016. If we could stop at Myrtle beach or something similar along the way that would be a bonus. Any help is greatly appreciated. On the way back we have a week to return to Montreal so can also use that time to visit places, just not sure where. Thanks in advance!! :)

Tucson, AZ

Default Time Limited

Bienvenue sur les forums de RoadTrip Amérique. Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

At roughly 1500 miles, and with a border crossing and several large urban areas to negotiate, three days is probably the absolute minimum amount of time required to make the drive, and that's without any major stops. So if you really can only spare three days, then I'd suggest that you stick to an all Interstate route. I'd strongly recommend that you use I-87/I-88/I-81/I-77/I-26/I-95/I-4) while taking several short breaks each day to let all those kids out of the 'jail' of the back seat for some fresh air and exercise. The advantage of such a route over the slightly shorter I-87/I-95/I-4 is that it stays well away from the major east coast cities and all their traffic as well as the New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland Turnpikes, all toll roads, and several toll bridges. On this more inland route you can plan overnights near (very roughly) Harrisburg PA (If you get an early start and the border crossing goes very smoothly, you might spend the evening in Hershey), and Charlotte NC (home to a number of NASCAR garages if your kids are into such things). You might even to be able to fit in a short beach visit at Cumberland Island National Seashore on the southern Georgia coast on your last day of driving.