1. Default Los Angeles County to Washington State...advice?

We are planning a road trip from Southern California (near Los Angeles) to Washington State (Squimm) in our 5th wheeler. We have 12 days and want to drive up the coast as much as possible but we are open. We are from California but haven't experienced a lot of Northern CA. We do want to stop in Oakland to see family for a day......any advice is greatly appreciated!! :)

South of England.

Default One way trip ?

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

Is there anything in particular you would like advice with ? Is this a round trip, or 12 days for a one way trip ? If it's one way will you be returning to LA ? I ask as there is a big advantage in heading south down the coast as the Ocean and most of the scenic viewpoints would be on your side of the road. There is no reason why you can't stick to the coast with 12 days to spare and have time to explore the Redwoods and Oregon coast, there are many great stops to enjoy.

Southern California

Welcome to RTA!

Since this is a 5th wheel you are talking about, it sounds like it will be a round trip (unless you're moving). If it's a round trip, why not go up via I-5, and then come down on the coastal route? As SWDave pointed out, the coastal viewpoints would then be on your side of the road -- much, much easier and safer for you to pull in/out of.

Parking your 5W in the Bay Area is going to be very, very challenging. I believe, years ago, we stayed at the Sunny Acres in Concord. You'll need reservations, as they are mostly mobile homes (not mobile at all!) with a few RV sites thrown in. There is a spot with no hookups, Anthony Chabot County Park, in Castro Valley. Then there is Juniper Campground in the Mt Diablo State Park near Walnut Creek. I haven't stayed in the latter two with a 5W, so I couldn't tell you anything about them other than that they have no hookups.

4. Default

Awesome Donna, thank you for the route advice!