1. Default East Coast Trip (Including Some parts in Canada (Nov 25-Dec 15, 2016)

Radical Greetings

We and my Parents are planning to go to an East Coast Trip from Nov 25-Dec 15 (Including some parts in Canada and California).

Nov 25- we fly from Nanila to Toronto and stay there for 4 -5 days (plus a trip to Ottawa and Montreal). Then at the 30th, we plan to enter US via Niagara Falls and stay there overnight and the day after, drive to New York City where in we stay there 5 days. Then to Boston 2 days and fly to San Diego and in 7 days, we go San Diego to LA and last stop before flying back to Manila is San Francisco.

Any suggestions that our trip to be more lively. We have also some relatives living in that area too. :):)

I take it you are no longer planning to visit places like Yellowstone and Mount Rushmore?

What you've laid out will likely work. You're really just bouncing from city to city, and that's fine if you just want to explore cities. I don't know what you're planning for transportation, but note that Renting a car in Canada and then dropping it off the US will be very expensive, if you can find a company that will even allow it. Also, many of the places you are visiting are places where having a car is more of a hinderance than a help.

It's also worth noting that Montreal is more than a half day drive away from Toronto, so I do't know how you're planning that. It would really make a lot more sense to do Niagara Falls as a daytrip from Toronto, head to Montreal, and then head south in the the US from there.

3. Default

Thanks Bro for the suggestion

We will be going through the trip with a relative of ours residing in every area as they have also cars too.

Our Rushmore and Yellowstone trip is somewhat moved to July or October 2017.

Thanks

If you're planning on Yellowstone, by October it's pretty well closed up -- most everything is closed up by Oct. 9th this year, and probably around the same each year, for services. For roads, most (except Dunraven Pass and the Beartooth Highway) are open until around the first of November. Dunraven Pass is the one that closes the figure 8 Grand Loop Road in the center, so if it's closed, you must go around the long way. Other roads can close on a moment's notice, depending on the weather.

Donna

5. Default

Hi Brother/Sister

One last question, Just want to ask if which way is more scenic? Toronto to NY via Niagara Falls, Syracuse and end to New York City or Toronto to Montreal then enter US via Vermont and NH and end in Boston? Thanks and God bless!

Default Winter at Niagara.

You may also like to check Niagara Falls' season, as it too closes for the winter. You can still see the Falls, but the visitor centre - other than the one on Goat Island - closes. The Maid of the Mist Boat tours and the tour behind the falls also close down for winter.

Not sure if this is at a set date, or weather dependent.

Lifey

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael View Post
    I take it you are no longer planning to visit places like Yellowstone and Mount Rushmore?

What you've laid out will likely work. You're really just bouncing from city to city, and that's fine if you just want to explore cities. I don't know what you're planning for transportation, but note that Renting a car in Canada and then dropping it off the US will be very expensive, if you can find a company that will even allow it. Also, many of the places you are visiting are places where having a car is more of a hinderance than a help.

It's also worth noting that Montreal is more than a half day drive away from Toronto, so I do't know how you're planning that. It would really make a lot more sense to do Niagara Falls as a daytrip from Toronto, head to Montreal, and then head south in the the US from there.
    Hi Bro

One more question, which way is more scenic? Toronto to New York City via Niagara Falls and upstate NY or Toronto to Montreal then enter US Via Vermont and end in Boston?

THanks!