Default Will I have an issue crossing the USA Border?

Hello,

In 2011 my ex husband and I got into an agreement and the police were called and since 2 different sides of the story were told to the police officers that he told them a different story then I did we were both brought into the police station.

We were both charged with "Assault" nothing more as I have a copy of the court documentation to prove it when I was getting this they told me that I also needed the police transcript I went to find out how much it was and was told it was about $50.00 and 1-3 months waiting time.

Which I don't have the time to wait for my Best friend is getting married on August.27th who I will be staying with while I am in the USA I have her phone number, address, place of work and everything else if need be the only problem she works Monday to Friday 3pm - 12:30am

I went to court on this matter of the Assault charge and the judge ordered me to Anger Management but I don't have the certificate that shows I completed this but my ex husband was given the same judgement and he never got a certificate.

Will I have any issue's crossing the USA Border at all?

I have talked to the USA Border Patrol and a Lawyer and they have both told me that I shouldn't have an issue crossing regarding this issue but I just wanted to double check here as well

I would trust the advice that you get from the Border Patrol and a Lawyer far more than you'd get anywhere on the Internet.

Having said that, a minor criminal conviction generally will not keep you from crossing the border. Typically the crime has to be a Felony before you'll have any issues - with the exception that Americans convicted of Drunk Driving are often denied entry into Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael View Post
    I would trust the advice that you get from the Border Patrol and a Lawyer far more than you'd get anywhere on the Internet.

Having said that, a minor criminal conviction generally will not keep you from crossing the border. Typically the crime has to be a Felony before you'll have any issues - with the exception that Americans convicted of Drunk Driving are often denied entry into Canada.
    This is the only charge I have ever had in my entire life nothing before this and nothing after as well.

I was looking for people that may have crossed the border with the same charge from 5 years or so ago if they had any issue's or anything

Cause the USA Border couldn't garantee it until I got to the Border but they said as long as I have my court document I should not have any problems.

I have had the court document now for about a month maybe longer before I even applied for my passport :)