1. Default Lake Havasu Arizona

Looking for advice on good rv parks in the Lake Havasu area for February next year. Have checked the ratings
    Online but still hard to figure out as they are good and bad for the same place it's hard to know what they are
    Really like. Tia

Southern California

Are you looking for long term, or short term? I have no suggestions for you, but it might help others to know what you are looking for in a park.

3. Default

We are only needing about a week early to mid February, thanks.

South of England.

Default First you decide what type of camping you want.

I have not stayed at any RV parks close to Lake Havasu, but sometimes with reviews you have to read between the lines and see what the majority say. You also need to work out what type of RV experience you want, a full service resort, State Parks in a natural surrounding and so on. A place might get a poor review because they have a clunky Internet service or poor TV reception whereas I would be looking for something far away from that type of resort.

Southern California

In our RV days, these are the things we found essential, and what I'd be looking for in a review:

* Level sites. Nothing was more irritating than the need to put one side up on 4 Lego blocks just to get a good night sleep and ensure that our slide would work properly. (Happened to us more than once.)

* Long sites for a pull-through. We didn't mind backing up if we were planning to stay more than one night, but pulling through AND needing to disconnect when only staying one night was frustrating. (Two places in Canada along the Alaska Highway. Since they were built before RV's got so long, we forgave them for it.)

* Narrow sites, too narrow to allow us to slide out and not have our dinette right next to another rig's window. (Seward AK. And this place was Good Sam rated that year. We noticed that in the following year, it no longer was. We still wonder if our letter to Good Sam had anything to do with that.) That other rig was my parents' rig, so at least we didn't feel like we were spying on a stranger!

* Clean showers that did not cost extra. In several parks, we paid a little more than in your average park, then had to come up with change for a coin-op shower. With 4 people (two were teenaged girls), that was not a cheap proposition.

* Sewer hookups that weren't 16 feet from the site. (Found that more than once.)

These are what I'd be looking for in RV park reviews. Obviously, if I were going to park in a national or state park campsite, my expectations would be a little different. For those, I'd first make sure that it could handle my rig.

Hi grannyspear!

We stayed at Lake Havasu State Park campground last December and will be staying there again next month. This is a beautiful location. Not sure how full it might be in Feb. There are electric and water hookups, clean showers and a dump station. It has minimal amenities, being a state park, but is basically right off the main drag through town, and is right on the lake.