1. Default Sequoia and Yosemite

looking for suggestions. Would like to visit Sequoia and Yosemite National Park. From there will head to Los Angeles. Looking at starting from either Las Vegas or San Francisco. Have about 4 days before heading to LA. Any suggestions on starting point?

South of England.

Default Both have merits.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

Starting from SF would save you around 250 miles of driving, or nearly 5 hours extra you could enjoy in the parks. The upside of starting from LV would be you could drive through Death valley NP and into Yosemite via the Tioga Pass which offers great scenery along the way but less time with 'feet on the ground'. You say you have "about 4 days", if you could use a 5th day to drive into LA, I would start from LV as I love the drive. If it's going to be 4 days, I would probably opt for an SF start as Yosemite is a big park and one of my favourites and I would want time to enjoy it.

3. Default

thanks for the advice

4. Default denver to yosemite

driving from denver to yosemite. I have 6 days to go from Denver to Yosemite. Would like to spend at least 2 days in Yosemite, any suggestions?

Mod Edit: This looks like the same trip, so please keep all posts for the same trip in one thread.
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 08-04-2016 at 12:21 PM.

Melbourne, Australia

Default Another view.

For me it would be a start from LV. Death Valley is an amazing place, and I would not want to miss it. That followed by the drive across Tioga Pass, and a couple of days to see the highlights in Yosemite - the valley, Glacier Point, etc. (the waterfalls won't be running much this time of the year) - then on to Sequoia and LA.

Sounds like a great trip. Enjoy.

Melbourne, Australia

Default A large number of other national parks and scenic routes.

Hi, and Welcome to the Great American Roadtrip Forum.

Your trip will take you past a number of national parks you could include, as well as some very scenic routes. I-70 west of Denver is possibly the most scenic of interstates, you could take UT128 through Castle Valley into Moab, where you have Canyonlands and Arches NPs.

From there it is an easy drive through Monument Valley to the North Rim of the GC and Zion onto Yosemite, or you could head west on scenic UT-12 toi Bryce Canyon and onto Zion, before heading to Yosemite.

Any combination of these national parks could fit into your time. Have a good look at your maps, and choose which suits you best.