1. Default Late August Move From North Carolina To Vancouver WA With Dogs

Would really appreciate some guidance. Probably won't be a lot of sightseeing. On a mission to get there in 5 days or less. If someone has done something similar an itinerary of pet friendly hotels and the most ideal route would be very welcome. Thanks so much

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

North Carolina is a big state, and the quickest route will depends upon where you are starting from - a even trip starting in Charlotte would be almost completely different from one starting in Raleigh.

5 days is basically the minimum time you need to get to Vancouver from anywhere in NC, and it's actually pushing the limits from the east coast of the state, so you are correct that you won't have much time for anything beyond driving. Pet friendly motels shouldn't be too tough to find. La Quinta and Motel 6 are two chains known for being pet friendly, but many other locations at other chains welcome them too.

3. Default

Thanks for the reply ! We're actually leaving from Asheville. Is there an ideal route you would suggest?
    Last edited by kylecane; 06-26-2016 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Clicked too soon

Default As Direct as Possible

The most direct route between Asheville and Vancouver would take just about four and a half days, leaving you a little time each day to take some R&R breaks each day for both yourself and your dog. Any real detour from that direct route would eat up all your extra time, meaning that you wouldn't have time for whatever you were detouring to see. So the most direct route:

I-40 to Nashville; I-24 into central Illinois; I-57 to Mount Vernon; I-70 to Kansas City; I-29 to Nebraska City; NE-2 to Lincoln; I-80 to northeastern Utah; I-84 to Portland/Vancouver.

If you wanted to keep a steady pace and get therein four and a half days with a little time on the fifth day to get settled, then overnight stops would be around Mount Vernon IL, Grand Island NE, Rawlins WY, and Boise ID. If, instead, you wanted to make the drive a bit more relaxed and use the complete five days, overnight stops would be roughly Benton IL, Nebraska City NE, Laramie WY and Glenns Ferry ID. You can, of course, pick other places to stop each night, but those two lists should give you a rough idea of the pace you'll need to keep.

AZBuck

Quote Originally Posted by AZBuck View Post
    I-40 to Nashville; I-24 into central Illinois; I-57 to Mount Vernon; I-70 to Kansas City; I-29 to Nebraska City; NE-2 to Lincoln; I-80 to northeastern Utah; I-84 to Portland/Vancouver.
    To get to I-70 from Mount Vernon, take I-64. Unless it's rush hour, take I-64 through downtown STL and pick up I-70 in Wentzville. If it's rush hour, take I-255 north to I-270 to MO-370 to I-70.

6. Default

Thanks for your amazingly detailed response

To the right of this page you can browse Motels with the option of selecting those that are 'Pet friendly'. Have a safe trip.