1. Default Traveling from Tampa to Maine in 31 days

My husband and I are in our 50's and traveling alone in a small 21 foot motor home from Tampa FL to Maine. Our goal is to simply see and do as much as we can in our 31 day time frame from Florida to Maine. We would like recommendations on the "must see and do" things along the way. We love nature, hiking, touring historic sites, seeing shows and visiting museums. We are quite open to most anything and just don't want to "Miss" something special along the way. Any advice or recommendations that would help us plan this adventure would be greatly appreciated. Please help us plan our journey from Tampa to Maine.

Tucson, AZ

Default A Month of Sundays

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Having that much time with 'nothing' to do but take Sunday drives and stop when and where you will would be most people's dream (mine included), but it comes with a downside in your initial planning. Having enough time to do everything means not being able to rule anything out simply on the basis of logistics. Also, there are no 'must sees' except those places that you consider as such. What we can do is lay out some possibilities so that you can choose from among them. Some time back, I laid out two possible routes along the east coast. You actually have enough time that you can wander back and forth between those two routes a fair bit, so you shouldn't feel compelled to limit yourself to one or the other. You can even include some of the major cities that those routes were designed to avoid, although trying to navigate a large city in a 21 foot motor home would create its own problems. Then, once you get to New England, there are a whole host of other possibilities. So have a look at those previous discussions and once you have a list of places that you feel you must see, come on back and we'll do our best to help you plan a route that includes them all as well as some smaller, in-between, venues.