1. Default Car roof bag without a rack AND on a two door 2002 Camaro

In short I'm picking up my life from California and driving to Colorado this summer. I basically have to fit all of my Necessities inside of my 2002 Camaro. The only way I'm going to be able to take the things that I really need is by using a roof bag on this trip. my car does not have a roof rack and it's also a two-door car. Most guys out there have instructions for installing a roof bag either with a roof rack or if it does not have a roof rack it's usually instructions for A4 door vehicle. My question is, can I safely attach a roof bag to my two door car without a roof rack in any way? I simply cannot take all of my necessary possessions for a 4 year + move inside my car. Thank you!

Melbourne, Australia

Default If in doubt...

Why take the risk?

Make a list of all those things which will not fit in your car, donate them and when you get to your destination, replace them. If something goes wrong along the way, you will need to replace them anyway. Better to have the peace of mind that you are as safe as you can be, right from the start.

Southern California

Or if you can't bear to part with them, how about having someone ship them to you, once you are settled?

There's also the fact that when you strap a bunch of stuff to the top of your car, it's no longer aerodynamic, and you'll pay for that in terms of fuel consumption. By NOT putting all that stuff on top of your car, you'll save enough on gas to more than offset the cost of shipping your excess gear. And there's NO risk that your stuff will come loose on a mountain road, or even worse, in the midst of traffic.