1. Default First trip done - second in the making!!

Hey guys!
    Hope everyone is well.
    It's been a while since I last posted but just thought I'd check in to let everybody know that I recently completed my first ever American road trip & it was absolutely amazing!!

I've now got the bug & so Im about to start planning for our second one which we will be doing in April 2018. My daughter is due in mid September so thought it would be wise to take a couple of years out before taking off again.

I'd be given some fantastic advice from members here,
    and hope to get some again in the not too distant future.

My trip in brief description:
    22 days in total. I flew from England to NYC & spent 3 days on my own before flying out to my friends house in San Antonio. Spent 6 days there (due to unforeseen circumstances) & then set off on our trip. We travelled West through Texas & made our first big stop in Roswell NM. Then we drove to Arizona (GCNP). Then onto Hoover Dam NV & also Las Vegas. From there onto Yosemite NP where we camped out for 3 days. From there we went to SF & then travelled down the PCH making our final stop in Long Beach.

It didn't go COMPLETELY to plan, but that actually made it more fun.

If anyone would like any advice or tips, as I'm fresh back from my trip - please don't hesitate to ask, and I'll do my best to help.

Dave
    Last edited by Southwest Dave; 06-21-2016 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Added link to planning thread and moved thread.

Default An easy bug to catch !

Hi Dave, thanks for dropping by with an update as to how your trip went. Glad you had fun and yes, no matter how much you plan you have to always expect the unexpected and be prepared to be amazed by places and things you had no idea of and people you may run into along the way. That's the beauty of the road trip !

If anyone would like any advice or tips, as I'm fresh back from my trip - please don't hesitate to ask, and I'll do my best to help.
    That's a nice offer and feel free to jump in on any threads where you feel you can help.

Dave.

Default Bitten by the bug.

As Dave hinted, it can become addictive.... but an addiction from which I do not wish to be cured.

Great to read how you got on. Thanks for sharing. Should you have any pictures of the favourite places you went, it would be great if you can post some here as well.

Lifey

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Southwest Dave View Post
    Hi Dave, thanks for dropping by with an update as to how your trip went. Glad you had fun and yes, no matter how much you plan you have to always expect the unexpected and be prepared to be amazed by places and things you had no idea of and people you may run into along the way. That's the beauty of the road trip !

That's a nice offer and feel free to jump in on any threads where you feel you can help.

Dave.
    Thanks Dave. My apologies for posting in the wrong section.