My girlfriend and I are going to do a road trip to central and midwestern US starting July 17 from DC and we plan to finish these following places within 25 days. If possible, I plan to drive 5 or 6 hours per day. That would be great if you guys can give me some advice of my itinerary, such as places to stop, routes, time, any advice is welcome!
I know when ask advice about road trip the answer I will get is "depending on the interest", but I prefer to see something could stand for the local. Here are my itinerary (by Google Map):
1. DC -Cleveland, OH 7h (400 mi) no toll
Our interest is Mackinac Island, but it will be 13 hour driving time from DC. We have been to Pittsburgh, PA, Columbus, OH and Cincinnati, OH before, therefore, I guess Cleveland might be a good place to stop. Any thoughts?
2. Cleveland, OH - Mackinac Island, MI 6.5h (440 mi) no toll
3. Mackinac Island, MI - Milwaukee, WI 6h (400 mi) 2 tolls
4. Milwaukee, WI - Pella, IA 5.5h (350 mi) no toll
5. Pella, IA - Minneapolis, MN 4h (280 mi) no toll
6. Minneapolis, MN - Bismarck, ND 6h (420 mi) no toll
7. Bismarck, ND - Rapid City, SD 5h (300 mi) no toll
8. Rapid City, SD - Omaha, NE 7h (530 mi) no toll
9. Omaha, NE - Kansa City, KS 3h (185 mi) no toll
10. Kansa City, KS - Oklahoma City, OK 5.5h (370 mi) no toll
11. Oklahoma City, OK - Little Rock, AK 5h (340 mi) no toll
12. Little Rock, AK - Nashville, TN 5h (400 mi) no toll
We have been to Nashville before, the reason we stop at Nashville is dividing the distance between Nashville and Bloomington where we went to school. Any other places we could stop?
13. Nashville, TN - Bloomington, IN 4h (270 mi) no toll
14. Bloomington, IN - Falling Water, PA 7h (440 mi) no toll
My girlfriend wants to see Fallingwater House.
15. Falling Water, PA -DC 4h (190 mi) no toll
Thank you so much for your time!