Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Attractions in PA

Friends

Am planning to go to PA this weekend (2 days)including driving...Any other attractions like scenic views, entertainment activities(apart from amusement park),nature views ... I m traveling from central NJ.Edison

Pennsylvania is a huge state, with millions of things you could possibly do. Is there any part of the state you are focusing on? What have you come up with yourself to start?

What about the suggestions you were previously given, are you planning to do any of those?

Default The State map will help you.

As well as the attractions previously mentioned,and to which Michael linked, you would do well to get hold of the State issued PA road map. It is so full of attractions, that in many traverses of PA, I am yet to see them all.

Check out the Elk Scenic Byway, which is only one of the places on their map - but not on other maps.

Lifey

4. Default

HI Michael

Was able to cover chicago attractions and in imagination station in toledo...so we decided to go PA later..so was looking for attractions

Default Two Days Goes Fast

It's surprising how quickly two days can disappear, even when trying to do a simple loop tour through a neighboring state. As a basic route, I'd suggest that you look at something like the following. Initially get on I-80 and head for Columbia NJ on the Delaware River, Just after town, and before crossing over into Pennsylvania, take Exit 1 and County Routes (CR) 606, 615, 640 and 645 up along the New Jersey side of the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area to US-206/US-6 to I-84 west to Scranton. There pick up US-6 west to Wellsboro and Leonard Harrison State Park, home of the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania. Return to US-15 south through Williamsport (home of the Little League World Series) and down along the Susquehanna River to Harrisburg, the charming town of Lititz, and Amish Country around Lancaster before hopping on I-81/I-78 back home.

AZBuck

6. Default

Thx..Will chi this places..

7. Default

Friends, for this long weekend, going with family (having older people)&kids to Pennsylvania..

Any major attractions without having long hiking trials...... Planning for 3 days, mind is blank on which areas to cover /must see attractions which provides awesome views of mountains

Default More?

Did your last visit take in all the places mentioned above? Did you get the PA issued map?

Lifey

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lifemagician View Post
    Did your last visit take in all the places mentioned above? Did you get the PA issued map?

Lifey
    Has covered delware gao and grand canyon......
    Since I m goin with elder persons,wanted to know if their any scenic attractions with less hike,trials...

This is a forum where you will get out of it what you put into it.

You have already been given dozens upon dozens of suggestions for things to do in PA - both in this thread, as well as your previous thread about your Chicago trip. At no point have you given anyone any feedback on those suggestions, and yet you keep coming back and asking for more ideas.

I think at this point, you're probably best off looking at the many other resources available on RTA beyond the forum. After all, if "your mind is blank" after many, many ideas that have already been shared here, clearly you're not finding this forum to be all that helpful.