1. Default Cool, "hipster", boheme, college-like towns and cities from San Francisco to Seattle?

Hi Roadtrip America,

My brother and I are going on a roadtrip from San Francisco to Seattle, from mid-June to mid-July.

Last year we drove from SF to SD and discovered that we really enjoyed cities with a "hipster"/college vibe, like Santa Cruz and San Luis Obispo.

So we wanted to know if you guys have any similar places you would recommend visiting and staying a night or two?

So far I've written down:

And also, places to eat and things to do and see in these cities, and the places you guys recommend, are greatly appreciated :)

Tucson, AZ

Default The Odd Addition

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Your list is already pretty complete, at least from my experience. While not college towns, though, you might want to consider visiting Mendocino CA and Astoria OR for towns with a funky feel, and the 'clothing optional' beaches of Sauvie Island north of Portland.

3. Default

Bellingham wa .. It's bit north of Seattle but meets your criteria.

4. Default Places to stay from San Francisco to Seattle

Last edited by ValdemarSC; 05-15-2016 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Merged Threads

Green County, Wisconsin

I'm a little puzzled by your comment about not finding places along the Northern California coast that fit your goals. Others have already mentioned some ideas, and frankly, I'd be a bit surprised if you would find a town along that coast that really wouldn't fit with what you have in mind.

I suspect you'd find Sacramento would be a bit of a disappointment. Chico has a bit of funk, as does Redding, but I wouldn't bypass the coast to go there.