1. Default Driving to Vegas this Summer from Gainesville, FL

Can you get I-40 from Florida or can you get it from I-10?

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I-40 does not go through Florida and it does not intersect with I-10 - they are parallel routes. There are any number of routes you can take to go between them, but you really need to start by looking at a map. Once you've done that, then perhaps we can help, but right now, we have no idea about what you are hoping to achieve and really don't even know much about what kind of information you are looking for.

Tucson, AZ

Default Not Quite That Simple

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

While it's possible, it makes no sense to try to drive to Las Vegas using only Interstate Highways. From Gainesville, the most efficient route would be to take I-75 u to I-10 west and follow that to Mobile AL. There get on US-98 to Hattiesburg MS and then use US-49 north to Jackson MS. Next up would be I-20 west to Dallas. In Dallas, take I-35E to TX-183 and TX-114 (all for relatively short distances) to US-287 north out of the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Stay on US-287 through Wichita Falls to Amarillo and I-40 west and on to Kingman AZ, where US-93 north will take you up over Hoover Dam to Las Vegas.

I would strongly urge you to get some good maps of the US and have a get very familiar with that routing before you embark on your trip. Overnight stops, assuming a good start on your first day, would be roughly Hattiesburg MS, Wichita Falls TX, and Albuquerque NM.

Southern California

Welcome to RTA!

MAPS. You need paper maps. AZBuck has laid out a really nice route for you, but you should see it on a map. Yes, it's really a 4 day, 3-day drive, without any sightseeing stops. You may see some other things along the way that you might like to see. That's where you start adding some time.