1. Default Scenic Route from Lake Tahoe to Eureka?

Hello All,

Can one of the lovely local experts advise if there is a scenic route from Emerald Bay/Fern Leaf Lake, Lake Tahoe - to Eureka, that does not involve driving through/around Sacramento, Vallejo or Santa Rosa?
    My road trip app wants to take me that way, but it seems a bit out of the way.
    I thought a visit to the town of Mendocino might be nice, but not necessary on our way to Redwood NP.

Many thanks

Cooperellie

Take CA-89 to I-80, take that west to Yuba Pass, then take CA-20 all the way to US-101. If you want to go to Mendocino, CA-20 continues to CA-1 after multiplexing with US-101 north for several miles. Mendocino will be a few miles south.

Before you get to Eureka, I highly recommend you take the Avenue of the Giants through Humboldt Redwoods SP.

Default Real maps will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Debain View Post
    My road trip app wants to take me that way, but it seems a bit out of the way.
    You'll find you'll be much better off if you used good quality maps to make these decisions for yourself, rather than letting an electronic device tell you where to go.

Be sure you have good maps when on the road. Don't be tempted to rely on your electronics. Many have done so at their peril - some fatal.

Lifey

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lifemagician View Post
    You'll find you'll be much better off if you used good quality maps to make these decisions for yourself, rather than letting an electronic device tell you where to go.]

Be sure you have good maps when on the road. Don't be tempted to rely on your electronics. Many have done so at their peril - some fatal.

Lifey
    I have bought a good quality road atlas (the paper kind), but just looking at logistics at this stage of planning.

5. Default

Thanks glc - I shall study this route.