Default Roadtrip from SLC/DEN airports to Yellowstone

Hi all. We are a family of 4. (Myself, my spouse and two kids 3 years and 7 years old). I live in NJ. I have always dreamt of a road trip to Yellowstone with kids. I am planning on visiting in late august and i have 7 days. I have read a lot of forums and thought best bet would be to fly from Newark, NJ to either Denver, CO or Salt lake city, UT. I am looking for a scenic drive from airport to YNP. I am not sure where to fly to (SLC or DEN) and what is the best scenic route/loop? Any thoughts/suggestions on this please? sorry, if this has been asked before.
    Thank you.

South of England.

Default Not much time for touring out of the park.

Does your 7 days include the flights ? SLC is the nearest choice and with the fact that you could easily spend 4 days just exploring Yellowstone and the Teton's, it might be your best bet. It won't get much better than driving around the parks scenic drives and enjoying the attractions. I would suggest you look at lodging options asap around Yellowstone as they do book out quickly during peak season.

Tucson, AZ

Default Salt Lake City Works Better

I agree with Dave that Salt Lake is your best, really only, option. It's 350 miles from there to Old Faithful while from Denver it would be 550. You are already going to chew up pretty much a whole day flying to your destination city and another driving to Yellowstone. Then two more days reversing the process to get home. The drive from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone up US-89 is scenic with some worthwhile stops in its own right and would give you a bit of RoadTrip experience on this trip. The drive from Denver, while also scenic, would not allow for any time to make stops and would result in less time in and around Yellowstone.

It is also essential that you start looking for appropriate lodging ASAP. August is the height of the season at Yellowstone and both park campgrounds and surrounding motels will fill up soon if they haven't already. I'd probably start by seeing what might still be available in the park, then check West Yellowstone, and finally some of the towns down around Grand Tetons NP such as Moran (Junction).