1. Default Flying into Las Vegas, want to RV to Sequoia National Park

Hello! I am hoping for some advice on how best to plan our days. My husband and I will be flying into Las Vegas June 16th and flying back out June 22nd. We have decided to spend our 25th wedding anniversary exploring. Sequoia is at the top of his list of places to go. I have looked into renting an RV for our tour. We have been to Death Valley as well as the Grand Canyon so I am looking for other possible stops. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Default A loop around the Sierra Nevada.

Hello and welcome to RTA !

I doubt your rental agreement would allow for an RV to be driven across DV during summer months anyway. If Sequoia is top of your list then I would certainly recommend continuing up the west side of the mountains to Yosemite NP which is a true gem of the National park system with lots to see and do. With only 5-6 days on the road you really don't have a lot of time for much else, but you could create a loop by heading out of Yosemite on Tioga Pass [CA120] and either head down US395 or head to the old mining town of Tonopah and down US95 back to Vegas.

Other options could include the coast or Lake Tahoe but Yosemite would top my list.

3. Default

If we decide not to take the RV would you suggest a different route? Would it be better to drive through DV to Yosemite and then down to Sequoia on the way back to LV? The distance between these places is pretty substantial, so if you have other suggestions, I am open to them.

The route you suggest above would work fine with a car, either way around. You could stop the first night on the east side of the mountains, say Mammoth lakes or Lee Vining and then enjoy the ride over Tioga Pass the following morning and into the Valley if you go through DV first. Booking is really essential if you want to stay in, or close to the parks, especially so in an RV. We love to travel to National parks in an RV but when renting you need to keep in mind the high fuel consumption, mileage charges, camping fees and all the little extras like bedding and kitchen kits and not forgetting campground fees. It's not the most budget friendly choice but it can be a great Lifestyle if you are into it.

5. Default

Yes, the expenses do add up, we have an RV of our own, but we travel with our fur babies quite often which makes it easier sometimes. In this case, I am now thinking hotels. I have spent the better part of three hours trying to put something together with the distances and finding lodging. There are some places right in Yosemite that look wonderful, but their availability is not working with our schedule. Thanks again!

If you don't mind 'rustic' lodgings [or prefer them] you could check out the Yosemite Bug but it is outside the park.

In Yosemite, have you checked Half Dome Village (formerly Curry Village)? It's in the valley and they have tent cabins. It's the most affordable lodging in the park.