1. Default On the Road Again - expert advice needed please :)

Hello Roadtrip America folks !

I'm off on another adventure, this time from Naples, FL to Old Saybrook, CT. Due to the influx of 'snowbirds' down here in Southwest FL as well as the start of school vacations, am looking to avoid 95 almost completely. (Looking to get on the road in early-mid April). I never mind driving a few extra hours to avoid any potential nightmares on 95. I did this trip several years back and remember taking 81 most of the way back up North. I just cannot seem to find a good route from 75 to 81 or if there are other more timely routes, I'm open to those too.

Any advice from the experts on this site is, as always, greatly appreciated.

Cynthia

I would take I-75 to Ocala, then jog over to US-301 using FL-326 and take that and FL-200 to I-95. Take I-95 to I-26 to I-77 to I-81. The stretch of I-95 that you would be using is not bad at all.

Stay on I-81 to Scranton, then take I-84 to Waterbury, I-691 to CT-66 to CT-9.

Default A little tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by glc View Post
    Stay on I-81 to Scranton, then take I-84 to Waterbury .....
    If you leave I-81 at I-80 you can avoid the congestion around Wilkes-Barre. Take I-80 to I-380, and take that to I-84, and continue as above. The distance is a few miles longer, but without the congestion, is usually a quicker run.

Lifey

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lifemagician View Post
    If you leave I-81 at I-80 you can avoid the congestion around Wilkes-Barre. Take I-80 to I-380, and take that to I-84, and continue as above. The distance is a few miles longer, but without the congestion, is usually a quicker run.

Lifey

Thanks so very much both Lifey & glc - invaluable information (especially skipping Wilkes-Barre !) Happy & safe travels to you all.

Cynthia