1. Default Lawrenceville Georgia to Nashville TN Roadtrip - No Mountains

I have already done the trip with mountains with a death grip on the wheel. I would like an alternate route Please! Yes add the miles I don't care I just want peace. Yes I know its not that bad but I want peace again.

Here is a thought after googling can I take I20 - to US231 than somewhere above Huntsville (Where) get on I65? Instead of going I20 to I65 does that save me any time? Yes I don't mind saving time in non mountainous areas. Thanks for the help!

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Did I-24/I-75 really cause that many problems for you? I'm just trying to get an idea of what you consider to be mountains that need a death grip on the wheel?

I will say that I would NOT do US-231, as it would mean quite a bit more time - it isn't any shorter than I-20 to I-65 and it's all 2 lane roads. What I will note is that I-65 south of Nashville is still quite hilly. It's not as hilly as I-24/I-75, but there is still some elevation change that you'll be dealing with. I can't really think of a better option than I-20 to I-65, however.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael View Post
    Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Did I-24/I-75 really cause that many problems for you? I'm just trying to get an idea of what you consider to be mountains that need a death grip on the wheel?

I will say that I would NOT do US-231, as it would mean quite a bit more time - it isn't any shorter than I-20 to I-65 and it's all 2 lane roads. What I will note is that I-65 south of Nashville is still quite hilly. It's not as hilly as I-24/I-75, but there is still some elevation change that you'll be dealing with. I can't really think of a better option than I-20 to I-65, however.
    Thanks! Yeah I did not like that a steep mountain. I will take I-65 (the more lanes the better) instead of US 231 and stop over in Birmingham try some new restaurant. As long as the elevation isn't steep I should be fine.