This is my first post in the RTA forum so I will apologise in advance if I make any errors.
I am in the process of planning a road trip from Boston (MA) to Miami (FL).
27th June Fly from Manchester to Boston
27th June Boston
28th June Boston
29th June New York
30th June New York
1st July Washington DC
2nd July Washington DC
4th July Charleston (SC)
6th July Orlando (FL)
7th July Orlando (FL)
8th July Miami (FL)
9th July - Miami (FL)
10th July Fly from Miami to Manchester
I know this is a lot to fit into 2 weeks but after a month long road trip down the west coast in 2010, I wanted to strangle my friends after only 2 weeks.
Travel between Boston, New York and Washington will be via Amtrak.
Car pickup on the 3rd July from Washington
Car drop off the 8th July in Miami
Hotel budget per night is ฃ150 ($215) Flexible if needed.
Provisionally reserved 4* hotels in Boston, New York and Washington next to the major train stations.
1. What route would you recommend between Washington and Charleston? (direct via i95, coastal road or go west).
2. Where would you recommend we stay between Washington and Charleston?
3. What route would you recommend between Charleston and Orlando? (direct via i95, coastal road or go west).
4. Where would you recommend we stay between Charleston and Orlando?
5. Any Advice on One-Way Car rentals?
6. What type of vehicle would you recommend? (Convertible, 4x4 etc)
7. Any must see attractions we must see?
Any advice is welcome!
Thanks for your Time