Been reading through everyone's suggestions(which are great!) and felt I needed a bit of help myself!
We will be in NYC for 2 weeks starting March 1st. For the first week we are pretty sorted with things to do and see, for the 2nd week we would like to do a round roadtrip for the 2nd week from NYC March 7th or 8th returning by March 13th, but really stuck for ideas.
We just finished a roadtrip from LA visiting Big Bear Lake - Las Vegas - Zion National Park - Bryce Canyon - LA. What we loved about this trip was the national parks and hikes! The beauty was breathtaking as was the desert.
So we are thinking it would be great to see some different landscapes on the other side of the country. Here are our preferences:
- Anything natural and beautiful, especially hikes
- We wouldn't want to drive anymore than 3 hours a day, and happy to stay for a few days in one spot to truly experience an area
- Would also be interested in seeing different communities like Amish, etc.
- Mountains, sea and woods are all beautiful - don't have a set preference
- On a budget - not wanting to stay in expensive areas
- Would prefer the weather to be dry, but know that it is temperamental this time of year. Don't mind if there is snow on the ground, just don't really want to get caught in a storm
Hope this gives everyone a decent idea of what we are after!
Thank you in advance!