1. Default Flying into Las Vegas & we want to see so much

We are planning on taking a trip in mid March 2016

We will be flying into Las Vegas, spend 2 nights there , NOW here is what we want to see but not sure which roads are open

We want to go Death Valley and then to Sedona, AZ and then back to Vegas and fly home.

Any advice or tips?

I know there will still be snow on some of the roads and one of the roads to D. Valley is closed.

I am the WORST map reader.. really.....if anyone asks me which way to turn and I tell them, then they will replay

"Okay, turn the opposite way"

Call me Wrong-Way Sky!

Oops! Forgot to mention dates.

2 days in Vegas,then we have 5-6 days to drive around and then fly out of Los Vegas.

Any help would be appreciated~
    We love national parks, too
    I just thought of this... oh no! Spring Break will be happening, won't it?
    Last edited by rbluesky; 02-23-2016 at 09:30 PM.

Joplin MO

Welcome to RTA!

I doubt that you will find any snow in March, but anything is possible I suppose.

The road closures in Death Valley are due to flood damage from last October, and do not affect access to the majority of the park. The affected roads are the one going to Scotty's Castle and the south end of Badwater Road. Badwater can still be accessed from CA-190, which is the main east-west road through the park.

3. Default

That't good to know
    We want to see the desert in bloom.

South of England.

Default Grand canyon.

If you are going to Sedona then the Grand canyon south rim is something you should no miss. On the way back to Vegas you could take an original section of route 66 that runs through Seligman to Kingman. Hopefully your travel buddie can read maps as they are an essential tool for any road trip.

I went to vegas last year and stayed at Days Inn wild wild west. It was really cheap and included dennys breakfast! I think its a good tip :)

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by erickclifford View Post
    I went to vegas last year and stayed at Days Inn wild wild west. It was really cheap and included dennys breakfast! I think its a good tip :)
    Do you have to book at Days Inn or just turn up? Can't wait to go to Vegas!

Southern California

Hi, Sam, welcome to RTA!

I'm not sure that the OP has been back to this site, and this trip was back in March. That said....

You may not have to book ahead at a spot in Vegas that isn't right on the Strip. However, we've found that you get better deals by booking online or (if available) using a coupon, for any lodging. Coupons for Vegas are usually off-strip, or the lesser known on-strip hotels:
    Hotel Coupons Las Vegas.